Ok, so you want to make some insanely delicious holiday goodies but you’re not an accomplished baker and you don’t have much time…try this today.
You will need:
1 box of Ritz crackers (regular sized box, regular Ritz)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 package of Skor bits (they sell them along with the chocolate chips and that kind of stuff in the baking section of most grocery stores)
- Take the bag of crackers out of the box. Unleash all your pent-up aggression on the bag. Bash it until you have Ritz crumbs (or simply put the contents in a food processer for a couple seconds…your choice).
- Dump the cracker crumbs in a bowl. Dump the Skor bits in with them.
- Open the can of sweetened condensed milk and dump it in with the rest of the stuff.
- Stir it around until it’s all mixed up. It should be a sticky gooey mess.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with parchment paper. Dump in the gooey mess and even it out in the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
- Let it cool in the baking dish.
- Once it’s cool, put it in the fridge for a half hour.
- Cut into squares. If there are any squares left by the time your friends come over, they’ll enjoy these with coffee. They’ll want to know how you made them. Tell them you were tutored by a famous French pastry chef, and that one day if they have 7 or 8 hours, you’d be happy to show them how it’s done.