First I decanted the remaining oil from the can into a container. What a bonus, not only I have a cool banjo pot, I also have some cutting oil. You never know when you’re going to need some cutting oil. I haven’t ever needed it yet, but one day it might just come in handy. The cleaning process started with a bag of some kind of miracle substance that absorbs oil. I bought this at my local Canadian Tire shore this afternoon. I poured quite a bit of this into the can and then swished it all around for a while and then tapped out as much as I could. Then I did it again. After tapping the can every which way for a while, trying to get as much of the absorbent material out, I added some dish soap and some water and swished and shook and shook and swished and dumped and then did it all again and again until the water came out clear. I think it’s pretty good. Now I’ll leave it down in my studio with the cap off until the neck arrives.